Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Taking On A Challenge

Judy Luther of Informed Strategies emailed me this morning to see if I'd be willing to blog the program at this year's SSP Top Management Roundtable. Since I have dragged colleagues into blogging my own organization's events, I didn't really feel I could say no (and still retain any credibility...). I have blogged before (on both the Blogger and the 360 platforms) but I have not blogged live from a conference so this ought to be an interesting learning experience.

There are a number of interesting topics and speakers on the agenda:
  • Kevin Guthrie of Ithaka is providing the opening keynote tomorrow morning, discussing the information economy and the scholarly enterprise.
  • Paul Duguid, co-author with John Seeley Brown of The Social Life of Information, and currently affiliated with the UC - Berkeley School of Information, will be providing the closing keynote on Friday. Here's a recent interview with him. Based on his responses there, his session ought to be interesting.
  • In between, we've got sessions pertaining to copyright, discovery tools, global markets and "publishing 2.0".

Live blogging is very different from publishing carefully crafted entries. Some of tomorrow's entries may not be as polished as this one, so I will beg your indulgence in advance.

In the meantime, go read the blogs of other publishing professionals, such as those written by Rafael or the folks at Really Strategies.

No comments: